The all new Sullivan Promise Scholarship provides Sullivan County residents* who earn a high school diploma or GED in 2022 the opportunity to receive FREE TUITION AND FEES* for one year of attendance at SUNY Sullivan.
Sullivan Promise Scholarship, now available for the 2022-2023 academic year, will cover the cost of tuition and fees* for qualified students after all other federal, state, and institutional aid have been applied.
Becoming a SUNY Sullivan General with FREE TUITION AND FEES is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
* You must be a resident of Sullivan County for a period of two full years prior to graduation or receipt of GED, with a 70 GPA or higher. The determination of residency status shall be at the sole discretion of SUNY Sullivan. The cost of books, room, and board is not covered by this scholarship. This scholarship is not applicable to those enrolled in a certificate program.
You may be eligible for a Sullivan Promise Scholarship if you are a Sullivan County resident* who is also one of the below:
- A member of the current graduating class of an area high school (“current” means the student graduated in the winter or spring of 2022); OR
- A student who is certified by a state-approved, non-public school located and operating in Sullivan County, and who is a documented graduate of the 2022 school year; OR
- A recipient of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) during 2022.
*You must be a resident of Sullivan County for a period of two full years prior to graduation or receipt of GED, with a 70 GPA or higher. The determination of residency status shall be at the sole discretion of SUNY Sullivan.
If you are eligible for a Sullivan Promise Scholarship, you must also meet the below requirements to receive and/or maintain a Sullivan Promise Scholarship:
- Must enroll as a full-time student (at least 12 credits) in one of SUNY Sullivan’s 40+ degree programs* during the Fall and Spring semesters for the 2022-2023 academic year. Summer 2023 courses are optional and may also be covered by the scholarship if the student is eligible and enrolls in a minimum of 6 credits. Winter courses are not covered by this scholarship.
- Must complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and TAP requirements, and turn in documents prior to receiving this award. For those students who are unable to complete a FAFSA, they must complete the TAP application and the Senator Jose A Peralta application. The SUNY Sullivan Admissions Application and the Sullivan Promise Application must also be submitted.
- Submission of high school transcript w/ a GPA of 70 or higher.
- Must maintain a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 during the Fall and Spring semesters for the 2022-2023 academic year.
*Does not apply to certificate programs.
- The program will cover the tuition and combined fees for required developmental courses, with the exception of developmental courses taken during a high school dual enrollment period.
- The program will not pay for repeated courses, books, or room and board.
- Students who reduce their course loads to part-time status lose their eligibility thereafter, except under extraordinary circumstances.
- Students are required to apply for various forms of financial aid. Grant and scholarship aid is applied to the cost of tuition and fees. Any grant or scholarship from an outside party, as well as the Sullivan County Community College Foundation, are excluded from this calculation. Federal Pell Grants are deducted prior to the Sullivan Promise Scholarship.
Consistently ranked among the best community colleges in New York State, SUNY Sullivan has 40+ certification, 2-year degree, and continuing education programs from which to choose - all at a cost you can afford.
SUNY Sullivan also offers laptops to those who need them, personal counseling services, and free tutoring - basically anything you need to be successful!!
What is a typical SUNY Sullivan student? There is no such thing. Our learning community is as diverse as our academic offerings. And it’s growing!
- Current high school students
- Recent graduates
- Career changers
- Professional development
Whatever the future holds, SUNY Sullivan will be here for you—we’ve got your back!
40+ Fields of Study From Which to Choose
Alcoholism & Drug Abuse Counseling
(Management | Marketing)
Computer Graphics/Graphic Design
Direct Support Professional
Green Building Maintenance/Management
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Liberal Arts & Sciences
(Math | Biology | Humanities | English | History | Health Sciences)